I have begun plying my singles. I’m hoping to get it all on this giant plying bobbin (making it all a single skein), but I’m not sure it’s going to fit. I started with 8 ounces of fiber, divided it into thirds and spun the singles. Now I’m plying from the three bobbins. I’ve got a few more hours of work to do before I’m finished, but I don’t have hours at a time to devote to the plying right now. I’m working on it as I can, and then I’m shutting the door on it so Max and Logan don’t mess around with the setup. Logan already got himself tangled in the singles once.
I don’t have definite plans for this yarn, but it will be a fingering weight, 3 ply yarn when it’s all finished. 3 ply yarns are rounder than 2 ply yarns and fill in the knit stitch better. Cables and textures are also more defined in 3 ply yarns. Once I have it all finished, know my yardage and have an idea of gauge, I’ll be able to plan a project for this yarn!