Ready to Sew Together
When I cut my fabrics I sorted the grays into a light pile and a dark pile. It wasn’t very scientific, I just went with my gut. In fact the darkest grays in the light pile could have easily gone into the dark pile, and the lightest grays of the dark pile could have been lights. When I went to sew the blocks together, I used the light grays on the left half of the block and the dark grays on the right half. As you can see with all the blocks laid out together, it gives kind of a three dimensional look to my chevrons. I wasn’t exactly sure if it would work out until I started laying out blocks into rows, but I’m really happy that it did!
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’ve got some sewing to do!