<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10582443\x26blogName\x3dPink+Lemon+Twist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8358867803839361769', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Loopy Academy, Semester 3, Texture

image 
I finished my Glace Bay shawl over the weekend and got it blocked!  I decided I needed something along the top edge to keep it from rolling, so I added a few rows of garter stitch after finishing the “pleated” edging.  Depending on your yarn, this might not be necessary, but mine was a high twist, tightly spun yarn, that probably made the natural roll of knitting worse.  The shawl photographed in the pattern doesn’t have anything added to the top edge, and it isn’t rolling, so my guess is that the roll was primarily due to my yarn choice.

I knit this in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Heavyweight in the Big Brain Blue color way.  I used all but about two yards of the first skein on the body of the shawl, so I used the second skein on the edgings.  Both skeins looked identical, and even when they were knit up, I still can’t tell that there were two skeins used.  I was counting on any differences being camouflaged in the textural differences between the body of the shawl and the edgings, but I don’t think that was actually necessary in this case.

After I finished knitting it, I soaked the shawl and after squeezing as much water out as possible, just spread it out over some towels to dry under the ceiling fan.  I didn’t use pins or blocking wires, I just made sure it was spread out smoothly.  The finished shawl is 71 wide by 21 deep, so definitely big enough to snuggle into!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Leannw said...

Logan is doing his usual masterful job of modeling. Lovely work.

7:58 AM  
Blogger adodds said...

The shawl is beautiful. Going into my queue. really enjoy your blog. thanks.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home