<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10582443?origin\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, September 03, 2026

Just a Little Sparkly Project

Bejeweled cowl

I've just realized that I hadn't shared this here yet!  This is the Jeweled Cowl (free pattern!) and I'm knitting it for the EatSleepKnit Quarter 3 Craft-A-Long which is for beaded projects.  I cannot tell you the last time I used beads for a project.  I was unable to use beads when we had Maximus because he was crazy and liked to knock things over - especially bowls of beads, and Mr. Noodle tended to do the same when he was younger.  Lately though, Obi has been laying next to me when I knit and Mr. Noodle doesn't jump up on the sofa when Obi's there (which is weird because he totally pushes him around any other time, and will slap him ((no claws)) when necessary).  When this Craft-A-Long started, I didn't really have a plan, but then I saw this pattern, realized I had the supplies to knit it, and decided to go for it.  If I had too much furry help I could always stop, but it's actually worked out pretty well!

Bejeweled cowl

I'm knitting it in Hedgehog Fibres Kidsilk Lace in the Plump colorway and using some size 8 beads that have been in my stash for years.  They're kind of a maroon/copper/iridescent color.  Hard to photograph, but in person they add just a little sparkle.  The pattern is fun and easy to memorize, but I do have to pay attention to the lace row because mistakes are obvious in this simple stitch pattern.  I have two skeins of this yarn, but I'll probably quit at the end of this first skein (it has 459 yards per skein), because it's already getting nice and wide.  I haven't weighed the skein, but at a guess, I've probably knit about 75-80% if it so far.  I might make a pair of mitts to match with the other skein, but I haven't really decided yet. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home