I’ve started part of a new spinning project. This is some Malabrigo Nube in Aguas. I started with two braids (eight ounces total). I split each of them four times, lengthwise and then did a tiny bit of redrafting and fluffing, just to make sure the fiber was slipping nicely. I find Merino can be kind of “sticky” to spin, but this opened it up enough that the spinning is going very smoothly.
I said I’m just working on part of a new project, because I think I’m going to combine eight ounces each of two more colors of Merino (probably solids) and then ply all three together for a sweater quantity of yarn. I haven’t quite decided yet whether to pair it with two more greens, or a green and a gray blue color. In the meantime, I’ll just keep spinning this.
Have a great weekend!