I appliquéd the decorative hexagons to the pockets of my drawstring bag over the weekend. I played around with a couple of different stitches, but ended up with a narrow satin stitch, using thread that matched each hexagon. Once I figured out what I was going to do and got the settings adjusted on my machine, the actual appliqué went very quickly.
I’m hoping to get the rest of the cutting for this project done later today, assuming that today is a better day for cutting than last week was. Once I’ve got everything cut out, I can begin the actual construction of the bag. I don’t think sewing it up will take too long once I get going.
Labels: Loopy Academy, sewing