<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10582443?origin\x3dhttp://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, September 28, 2026

Sparkles, Finished

Jeweled cowl

I finished my Jeweled Cowl project!  I used all but a few inches of one skein of Hedgehog Fibres Kidsilk Lace in the Plump colorway.  The fluffy yarn means you have to pay a bit more attention to the knitting, but I think it's worth it for the finished project.  The cowl is light as a whisper, but the beaded accent section gives it just a little weight.  It's long enough to loop twice if necessary, but looks fine only looped once if it's not too cold.  I began with a Chinese Waitress Cast On and ended with an I-Cord bind off.  The cast on edge is just a little bit tighter than the bind off edge, so if I wear the cast on edge next to my neck, it lays very nicely.  Neither edge is particularly obvious in the fluff, but I wanted a little bit of extra stability along the outer edges.  This is a great pattern for using a single skein of fluff or regular fingering weight yarn.  I steam blocked it to finish it, but it didn't really seem to need it!

Jeweled cowl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home