A Fall Cardigan
A few weeks ago I started a fall cardigan. I'm just now getting to it here on the blog, so it's moving along nicely. This is the Solace Crop Cardigan knit in Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok in the Cast Iron colorway. I loved the shape of this cardigan and the basket weave texture adds a little something to it. The stitch pattern is easy to memorize, so it's been nice TV knitting.
I originally thought of using a black yarn, but I was afraid I'd lose the texture. Cast Iron is a dark, heathered charcoal color and it's just light enough that you can see the stitch pattern. I'm actually a little bit farther than the picture shows, and I think I'm pretty close to being finished with the body of the sweater. (Note to self: measure and read the directions next time you sit down to knit on this.)
We are finally supposed to get some cooler weather and rain around here. It's been way too hot (and dry) for way too long. The rain is supposed to start sometime tonight and the temps are going to drop by this weekend. It sounds like a silly thing to get excited about, but we've been in the mid-nineties during the day for the past couple of weeks. We're looking forward to some cooler weather, and maybe I'll actually be able to wear this cardigan soon!
Labels: Cardigans












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home